03/01/2012

Polka Dot Mesh

Firstly I just want to apologise for how terrible I've been with posting! I don't really have an excuse except for laziness probably caused by overeating - you know how it is, christmas time means food, and food means eating way too much and then feeling fat and lazy. So anyway, it's a new year and I've decided one of my resolutions should definitely be to post more often! Oh and since I missed it merry late Christmas to you all and happy new year!

Something I've been spotting popping up everywhere, and which I'm now going to base this post on, is sheer spotted fabric. I feel like I've been seeing it everywhere: on the runway, in the high street stores, in magazine editorials and especially in photos of celebrities wearing it on the red carpet. This trend all started with Stella Mccartney on the aw11 catwalks and now I feel like this material is taking over.


STELLA MCCARTNEY


SOME CELEBRITIES WEARING THIS STYLE...



ON THE HIGH STREET...

PINS & NEEDLES


PINS & NEEDLES


TOPSHOP


TOPSHOP


ZARA


FRENCH CONNECTION


WAREHOUSE


BOOHOO


ASOS


RARE


ASOS


Also, I'm sure a lot of these high street pieces are now on sale, which is a big plus if you're thinking of trying out this trend!

19 comments:

  1. i love this trend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is Susan Sarandon wearing a bra with that dress?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the top Stella photos! Looks great. Have an amazing day!

    XX Hilary
    http://thehippinista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so fun! i used to love polka dot tights, but it's too hot here. this is a great alternative to that!!

    [oomph.]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Les photos sont magnifiques!
    Angela
    http://doigt.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos...

    Much love from the SABO SKIRT girls!
    SHOP: www.saboskirt.com
    BLOG: www.saboskirt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely blog!!

    www.labyssale.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this trend. Plus, I'm obsessed with polka dots!!!

    Fashion Translated

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome ideas put together i find here.

    http://paquetevistasbien.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. those stella mcCartney dresses are amazing.. I'm not into polka dots but if they come in mesh I think I love them.
    cool post

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so loving these looks from Stella McCartney. Gorg! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Les robes sont chics!!


    Angela Donava
    http://www.lookbooks.fr

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have not been sure about wearing partially meshed clothing, but I quite like some of these styles you've featured - I might have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like this idea with seathrough materials with dots on them.. I like the Stella McCartney's dress very much!

    ReplyDelete
  15. great choices! im loving all of the dresses

    ...look closer

    ReplyDelete
  16. ahh love this trend so much! great post! xxx

    ReplyDelete