06/04/2011

Aw Oy Long Ha

I recently noticed that the oriental trend has been featured in many editorials so I thought I would do a post on it. Now, this trend can be interpreted in many ways. You could take it really literally and wear a kimono inspired top or you could take elements from the style such as satin material or cherry blossom prints for a more subtle look...














There are several key ingredients you need to pull off this oriental look:

1. Satin material

2. Oriental floral prints such as cherry blossoms

3. Kimonos - you know those tops/dresses that look kinda like bathrobes but a million times more elegant

4. Either intense or pastel colours

Here are some oriental inspired pieces on the high street...

TOPSHOP


 TOPSHOP



PILGRIM


ASOS


OASIS


ME AND THREE


TRAFFIC PEOPLE


BEYOND THE VALLEY


FRENCH CONNECTION


YMC


SPARKLE AND FADE


H&M


NEW LOOK


NEW LOOK


ACCESSORIZE


ACCESSORIZE


ZARA


ZARA


By the way if anyones interested the title means I love lobster in Cantonese and it's the only thing I know how to say in any asian language, don't ask me why...

Hi Vicky. (my cool asian friend)

9 comments:

  1. Really good post, such good photos at the top. There are such cool things you can do with oriental style, thanks for the inspiration, i love the h&m maxi and the sparkle and fade dress. Great blog!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How would you wear these items to avoid over-orientalness?

    ReplyDelete
  3. you could wear one oriental style item with a block of neutral colour for example you could wear the 'me and three' trousers that i put above with a plain white t-shirt

    or you could stick with oriental accessories

    another thing you can do is try find oriental shape pieces without oriental patterns - there are some great kimono shaped items at topshop right now

    hope this helped :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the oriental style! great ispiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this and the options that you chose are fabulous xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore this trend...thank you for posting these images!

    www.featherfactor.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the trend!! Only I wish it would have arrived a few years earlier when I was living in Taiwan!! I would have had the most amazing asian inspired wardrobe!!

    Such a great post!! I love your posts on trends - you really know how to do your research!!

    Following!!

    XOX,
    Karen

    www.rubytuesdayfashionanddesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you all for reading my blog and sharing your views x

    ReplyDelete