27/04/2011

Crochet

I am a huge fan of knits so when it comes to spring I'm not too happy about having to say goodbye to my beloved holey cardigan that is practically glued to my back during the winter. My solution is CROCHET. Recently I've bought a crochet skirt and a crochet top/waistcoat type piece and I've also been eyeing a pair of crochet shorts and a crochet bag, I know, I think I may be a bit obsessed.

Crochet has been seen quite often in editorials and on the runways in SS11










But how do you wear crochet without making it look like you've raided an old lady's closet? Well most importantly don't go for a ladylike or preppy look, instead head in the direction of a more hippy, boho vibe to make the look more 'now'. 

Colour is also very important, go for whites, nudes and creams as bright colours can often look tacky. 

The size of the weave matters as if its too tight then it can look a bit heavy but if it's too loose then too much skin may be exposed. However a loose weave can look really good when layered over other items.

Try pairing a crochet top with a pair of denim shorts for a laid-back, summery look. You can also get some really pretty crochet dresses which will look amazing layered over a nude slip with a pair of chunky wedges. 

TOPSHOP


TOPSHOP


TOPSHOP


TOPSHOP


ASOS


ASOS


FREE PEOPLE


RIVER ISLAND


ASOS



FREE PEOPLE


ASOS


VINTAGE LOVES AT FREE PEOPLE


FREE PEOPLE


ASOS


H&M



10 comments:

  1. love topshop :)
    http://lemondedemode.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this trend !
    Crochet seems to be everywhere:)
    I have to buy some shorts, really great picks thanks !:)
    there's a giveaway on my blog, participate if you want :)
    www.vanillalipstick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the asos crop top!

    ReplyDelete
  4. crochet is so nice x :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the trend, the runway shots you posted are simply amazing. That being said I don't think I can pull it off, primary reason being it's rather see through. I always feel like I'm not doing it just right, and instead look like a tea doily. Here's to trying though. great post!

    The Pink Monocle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crochet is the BESSSSSSSST for summer, it's so bohemian and sooo cool! I'm all about crochet and platforms in the hot hot summer!!!
    kisses
    xoThe Beckerman Girls

    www.BeckermanBitePlate.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice, I love crochet for summer! I like layering it with lace/mesh/anything slightly sheer :) perfect for summer I think!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i <3 this blog xx

    ReplyDelete