17/01/2011

Freedom Writers

Today I watched the film Freedom Writers and after watching it for the first time it is already on my top ten list! It is an amazing film about gangs in California in the 90's, based on a true story. The movie is about a white woman who goes to teach at a school in a poor area, where there are gangs and there is a lot of racial tension. The teacher tries to help the students who are living a life of fear and war between the gangs. I knew about how serious the gang problem was in America but I never truly understood how big it was until I watched this film. It amazed me how people could hate each other so much that they would randomly shoot them as they walked by, just because of their race. I think I cried about ten times while watching this film and would definitely recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment